Pure Data (aka Pd) is an open source visual programming language. Pd enables musicians, visual artists, performers, researchers, and developers to create software graphically, without writing lines of code. It runs on GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, iOS, Android and Windows.
There's mainly 3 versions of Pure Data, if you're new to Pure Data download Pd-Extended:
There's also a library version called libpd that can be embed in your application (also on mobile app).
- Miller Puckette (Author of Pure Data)
- Hans-Christoph Steiner (Pd-Extended)
- Thomas Grill (Author of pyext / flext)
- IOhannes M Zmölnig (Author of Gem)
- Tom Schouten (Author of PDP)
- Mathieu Bouchard (Author of GridFlow)
- Ivica Ico Bukvic (Author of l2ork)
- Peter Brinkmann (Author of libpd)
- Claudius Maximus
- Roman Haefeli
- Katja Vetter